Translation Process




ii. Translating 

Since The Well is a narrative story with few dialogues , I had to adapt it into a series of drawings. I added simple inner dialogues to show the characters' emotions.

For example: The image below shows that the woman is thinking of a way to save her child. This part was not told in the original story .As the comic continues, the old woman " Ghoul in disguise" is asking a question : "Are we there yet?". I've made this scene because I wanted to represent the woman's nervousness when she replied to the Ghoul. 



iii. Thumbnails & Final Images

Usually when old people tell a story they change their tone or make noises to add some effects to it. But it's different when the story is adapted into a comic. I realized that if I made the comic to be 100% based on the story , it could turn out dull or very short. Showing the characters' emotions and expressions is really important in the comics as it helps make the readers more engaged with the events and the characters.




Thumbnail








Drawing a thumbnail of the first scene took only one page.


















When I added dialogues and interactions, it turned into three pages.

Page1

Page2(Left). Page3(Right)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zarqa Al Yamama

Isle of WakWak

Illustrating for a vedio game.