Iram of the Pillars Art




In this post, I will show my sketches, inspirations and art work regarding Iram of the Pillars.

2 June 2019
 
(Figure.1) shows my first illustration of Iram which was based on my imagination. At first I was happy about it, but later it seemed wrong. So I’ve decided to look at other illustrations for inspirations.

(Fig.1) First Illustration of Iram (Salma ,2019)

3 Jun 2019
The images on the left are my sketches which are inspired by the images on the right

(left) Inside Iram (Salma , 2019)





(Right) Illustration. (Source)



















Other sketches

(Right) Illustration (Source)
(Left) Front Gate (Salma, 2019)






















15 Jun 2019


The sketches above were colored digitally by using (Clip Studio Paint). I wanted to do more experiments with the atmosphere so I've planned to make two visions. First one will be during the night (Fig.2) while the second one on the day light (Fig.3)

(Fig.2)At night ( Salma, 2019)
(Fig.3)During the Day (Salma, 2019)


Changing the color schemes made me also do changes on the land and the buildings.
To explain it more:



(Figure.4) is an example of a photograph which reflects the invisibility of the sands in the distance and focuses on the source of light and its surroundings. I've applied this concept on my illustration as it shown in (Figure.5). Also, I've settled Iram to be under the "Sahara desert" , therefore there is no sky or any source of light except the sphere that floating above the hand. Any buildings or terrains in the background won’t be visible. 










(Fig.6)






The idea of adding pyramids above was to emphasize the direction of the light from the sphere in a narrow space.
The drawing details will be applied more on the village to make it more evident as shown in (Figure 6)

The path that the characters will take will be more visible and drawn with lighter colors so it would be displayed clearly.



































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zarqa Al Yamama

Isle of WakWak

Illustrating for a vedio game.